Saturday, April 19, 2008

It has been a while!

Well, I started this blog and haven't done anything. I still read a lot of blogs and decided it is only fair that I post something every once in a while. I will try to keep this going.

We have had a great month. We spent the first part of the month in California with Brandon's family. We went to Disneyland for 2 days and then stayed in Newport Beach and went to San Diego and Sea World. We also spent a little time at the beach. The water was still really cold. I will try to post some pictures.


Daddy and Dillon on the rockets. I get so sick on this ride. So...Daddy gets to take him.












This is one of Brandon's favorite rides. I don' t know why. They all came off the ride looking like they just got out of the shower. But, it must have been a fun shower because they were all laughing.


We were standing in front of Disneyland waiting to take a family picture and Daniel saw Chip and Dale and walked right over and started waving and say "hi." Well, Chip (or Dale - can you tell the difference?) got down and Daniel ran up and gave him a huge hug and wouldn't let go. I finally had to go and get him. It was precious!





This should be a post all by itself. Dillon got picked to do Jedi Training. (I was yelling and pointing to his birthday button and he finally got picked). Now, to his defense, he had never seen this before and didn't know what to expect. It was hillarious. He couldn't get his sword out and we were laughing so hard I almost had to excuse myself to the restroom. The Jedi doing the training was also trying to talk to him and he was just so fascinated with his sword that he didn't hear him. But, he got to fight Darth Vader and that is all that matters, right? Here he is trying to get his sword open.


Daddy and Daniel at the beach. This was the first time that Daniel had seen the beach and he was so excited about it, but he didn't like getting his feet wet. The water was really cold. Dillon didn't care that much - he went right in and went body surfing.








This is Brandon and Dillon at Sea World. No, they didn't turn into penguins - this is just a poster that they were standing behind.


Looking at the sting rays. Daniel was so excited.






Daddy and Dillon watching the pet show.





Dillon also turned 5 years old. He now loves Star Wars and HAD to have a Star Wars birthday party. We had 11 boys running around the back yard with light sabers (pool noodles) and jedi robes. We did some Jedi training and even had an awards ceremony. Then we ate hotdogs and opened presents. It was a great day and we had so much fun.


All the boys would put their lightsabers on the table and than yell "Go Jedis!" and raise them into the sky. They came up with it all on their own. It was so cute.











Here is Daniel hitting the Darth Vader pinata. It was pretty sweet!

Well, that is enough for now. Thank you for your time.

6 comments:

Leigh said...

I clicked on your name from your comment on my blog and.....it brought me here! Great post with lots of fun pics. I need to come over with a thumb drive and download some of your pics of the trip!!

Malia said...

this is ridiculously cute. That picture of Daniel with the character. So adorable!

This morning David and I were laughing about Dillon and how he named Molly.

Cutest kids!

Nicole Cave said...

Hey! It's Nicole Cave. I never knew you had a blog. If you want to be friends e-mail me:) I have a lock on my blog so I have to add your e-mail to my permissions list. My e-mail is cavebunch@cox.net

mare said...

what the mary?? Yay-- I was so excited to see your commment on my blog. Unfortunately, my blog feels so dramatic lately. Oh well. All's well that ends.

So your boys are soso cute-- I'm pleased as punch to be able to see them! Love ya,

Mare

Amanda Finlinson said...

I love that you have a blog! I love the Darth Vader pinata...that is pretty awesome! I can't believe Dillion is 5! Happy Birthday!

Zoo Keeper said...

My boys are still talking about the party! Thanks for inviting them. They had a blast! You are so creative! I might need your help when they turn 6 in October!