Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of Kindergarten!

Well, I just got home from dropping Dillon of at his first day of Kindergarten. Both Daniel and I shed a few tears on the way home. There are a lot of emotions going on right now. I am so excited for him and sad for us. We went to meet his teacher last Friday and he was able to see his classroom. Ever since then, he hasn't stopped asking when he gets to go to his new school.

He was so excited to find his name on the board outside his classroom.

Here he is telling all of you how old he is.


Here he is with his good buddy Tyler. They are in the same class.

She had then all line up and wave goodbye to us and blow kisses. His teacher, Miss Lee, was so cute about it. She said "Tell your parents you will be okay. Tell them that they will be okay, too!"

This is the saddest picture. Daniel was crying on the way home asking for Dillon and pointing to his seat. I snapped this shot of him looking so depressed missing his big brother!


I know that he will be okay. It is just hard to say goodbye to him. I will let you know how the first day went. Off to make cookies for his first after school snack!

7 comments:

Dana said...

Yikes! Do you believe me if I tell you it gets easier?......well at least until they get on a plane for Argentina! (No, really...it does get happier.) Your boys are so cute. I'm certain that you're doing "something right" cause you and your family just send out lots of happy vibes and make me feel good. Thanks for sharing the memories. D

Leigh said...

Wow! I can't believe he is in Kindergarten. Good luck!

Elizabeth said...

Darling Pictures!
I love the one of Dillon and his friend and I also love the one of Daniel eventhough it's so sad. But, it's so cute that he loves him so much. Our district doesn't do 1/2 day Kindergarten here...a lot of people have tried to fight it over the years but they won't budge. Tyler was fine this morning and happy that he had PE today. I'm glad that Dillon loved it. He is such a handsome little guy. Both your boys are. Take care!!

Zoo Keeper said...

I cried when I read this! Probably because I too sent away...kindergarteners this year!! Two!! It was hard! They love it though!!

Emily said...

Congrats Dillon (and Mom and Dad). I'm glad it was a great day!

Steve, Misti, Madison, and Mason said...

Did you cry?

Lori said...

That last picture of Daniel just breaks my heart! It's sad to see these little one's missing their siblings who've always been around. Looks like Dillon's first day was a HUGE success though. He's just as cute as can be! =)