Wednesday, October 7, 2009

She is here!!!!

On October 1, 2009 at 1:13 p.m., Camille Mary was born into this world. She was 7 lbs, 11 oz and 20 inches long. I had a c-section and everything went very smooth. I got to the hospital at 10:30 a.m. and she was here about 3 hours later. I still can't believe that she is here.

Brandon and I struggled with a name. I have always loved the name Camille and wanted to name a girl that. But, when she was born, we kept going back and forth between a couple of names and nothing really felt solid. So, on Friday, we were forced to name her and finally decided that we really did like Camille and I am so happy we ended up with that name. I love it and can't wait to say it for the rest of my life :)

She is the BEST baby ever. She wakes up every 3 - 4 hours, eats and goes back to sleep. We are working on getting her to stay awake a little more during the day. We like to see her eyes and play with her.

Dillon and Daniel both love their sister. Daniel can often times be caught sharing is blankie with her and asking if she is ok. Dillon had a hard time at first remembering his sister's name. He would ask about 20 times a day - "what is her name again? I know is starts with a C." He is a funny kid. I think that he remembers by now.

The adjustment has been really great. My mom is here helping me out and I am so glad to have her! Brandon's mom also has helped us so much. We are so lucky to have such great moms that would drop anything for us and help. We love them so much.
Well, here are some pictures of our little princess. I know that she will be spoiled, but she deserves it. If she continues to be this good of a baby, she can have anything she wants :)

Dr. Swainston (best doctor in the world!) and Camille

Proud Grandmas!


Happy family!



12 comments:

mare said...

congrats mary! i'm so excited for you and your family-- and now you have a GIRL with all those boys in the house... hooray!

Hope you're feeling good too.

Malia said...

oh i love her already!
we want to meet her!

Lisa Mc said...

I have been waiting to hear, I am so glad all is well!! She is a beauty! I always say thrid is a charm! I love the name. I will come by and see you. Congrats!

Leigh said...

Hooray!! Great pics. Congrats :)
Can't wait to meet her.

Lisa R.D. said...

Mary! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and your cute family... she is darling... and Camille is a perfect name. What a great blessing for your family!

Robyn said...

she's precious! congratulations to all of you!

Jessica Rodgers said...

I am glad that you posted pics. I wish we could come and see her. Keep posting so we can see her grow. We are so happy for your family. Girls are a blast!

Matt and Lisa said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!!

Emily said...

Congratulations! I LOVE the name Camille (I really wanted it for my girl, but that's a long story). She is absolutely beautiful, and I am so happy for you! I hope you are doing well. That C-Section really threw me for a loop. It took me a long time to recover. Hopefully, you have a ton of help and that it goes well for you. So, so, so happy!

Parley and Katie Call said...

Congrats Mary and Brandon! I can't wait to meet Camille. So glad that you are all doing well.

Patrice said...

Mary - she is the most beautiful baby! Congratulations! My C-section baby was a really good sleeper, too. I still remember after I was off medication she actually cried when she was hungry. But she is still a good sleeper and she's almost 10!

Moore Family said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!