Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Cookie Monster

I didn't realize until today that we have the Cookie Monster living right under our roof. Whenever there are cookies around, his best manners come out and he begs for one right out of the oven. He even says please and cookie in sign language to make sure that you understand what he wants. I am trying to get him to talk more so I am a mean mom and make him say the word before he can have one. This is complete torture for the Cookie Monster when he can see them and smell them! I made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for Brandon to take to work tomorrow and wouldn't you know it, the Cookie Monster was underneath my feet during the entire process and waited at the oven until they came out!
Take a look.... (p.s. you have to pause the music at the bottom of my blog).



As you can see, he finally said Cookie and please (he rubbed his chest which is sign language for please). What a cute Cookie Monster we have at our house!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Mary,

I saw your comment on Elizabeth's blog. What a darling family you have! It's been fun spying on you guys. Send me your email and I will invite you to my blog (my husband insists that it is private).

- Emily
gremily2@aol.com

Leigh said...

Definitely the cutest cookie monster I know!

Elizabeth said...

That is so cute. I love video! I have never met your kids so it's awesome to meet them in this way. I know someday we will be able to get together....it WILL happen.

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope the spill monster doesn't move in with you.

Malia said...

this is so cute. the video is priceless. you can tell he's thinking just give me the freaking cookie mom, I'm saying please.

Mary said...

Adam - HA! There is and only will there ever be ONE spill monster!