Monday, May 19, 2008

May the Force be with you....

Yesterday as Dillon and I were walking into church, I went to grab the door and Dillon yelled "MOM STOP!" I turned around expecting to see that he had fallen or something and instead saw this:


I said "What are you doing?" With this huge grin and determined look on his face he simply said "I will use THE FORCE to open the door." He put his hand up to the door, squinted his eyes and stood there. I couldn't believe that he really expected the door to open. I let him sit there for about 30 seconds (I was afraid people were going to drive by and wonder what on earth these Mormons were teaching their children now!) So, I grabbed the door and opened it and he joyfully said "See Mom, it worked! I AM a real Jedi."

So let this be a warning to all of you that take your children to Disneyland - if you let them do the Jedi training, some of them might think they are a real Jedi! Now I just need to get him to figure out how to use The Force to do all the housework and clean up the toys! What a funny kid.

7 comments:

Malia said...

i wish you guys lived here! I want to play with my little cousins.
That is so funny...Dillon cracks us up.

Leigh said...

He cracks me up. May the force be with ALL of you. Whether it be getting things done or just dealing with all the Jedis in the house!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Dillon, I'll train you in the ways of the Force.

Leigh said...

Funny quote I saw today that made me think of Dillon and 'The Force": The Force is like Duct tape, there is a light side and a dark side and it holds the world together!!!

Emily said...

How funny is that! I swear little boys are born with a Star Wars gene. They just seem to innately know/understand/obsess over all things Star Wars. Just the other day, a friend of mine told me of her little boy that tried to pick up his toys using "the force." So funny! He sounds adorable!

mare said...

hahaha. That is the cutest thing ever! What a darling. I'm so glad we had a boy-- stories like this make me excited to raise boys.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.