Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Official!!

I guess it is about time to announce to the bloggy universe that my friend Molly and I are opening our own business. It has been in the works for about a month and we are super excited to get going. The name of our business is...

We are going to jump into the world of vinyl lettering. We got our cutter a couple of weeks back and this past Monday, Molly's sister-in-law Brittany (who I knew about 15 years ago - small world) came to train us on the software. It was an awesome day and so far we have designed a couple of ideas. It is seriously the greatest job I have ever had. It is so much fun to design things for people.

We are also going to have an Open House on July 17th at my home to celebrate Christmas in July. We are hoping to be able to offer neighbor gifts, teacher gifts, gifts for anyone for Christmas. We will hopefully also have Halloween and Thanksgiving thrown in there as well.

It is going to be a roller coaster ride, but I am so excited. I seriously think about it all day and sometimes can't sleep at night because my brain won't shut off.

The first thing I made was a treat bucket for Dillon's preschool teacher. It was so much fun to design it and see it cut out and then put on a plastic container. I was so excited to give it to her last night at their graduation.

So, we are just getting started and getting our ducks in a row. But, if you need anything or have any ideas, please let us know. We would be happy to help!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Congrats and good luck. I'm so excited for you.

Lisa Mc said...

Mary,
I will be at your party, but I want to order something before. I will call you. I love the picture of Dillon and myself, could I get a copy to put on my board? Thanks so much for making our graduation day so perfect!!! The kids loved that slide. Lisa