Sunday, June 22, 2008

So long...farewell!


Well, this week we had to say goodbye to Brandon's brother Bryce, his wife Leigh and little Abigail Ruth. They left Friday for Minnesota to go to Dental School for the next 4 years. We got together on Thursday night for a delicious dinner of ribs, seafood salad, baked beans, veggies and yummy strawberry dessert. We put the young ones to bed and then played Settlers. I recently found out that I LOVE that game! It is so much fun.
-
Brandon and Jordan (his youngest brother) and Grandma watched O Brother, Where are thou? That is such a great movie. We overheard Brandon say about 50 times "This is my favorite part!" Which was followed by roars of laughter.
-
We went to Grandma's house on Friday to say our final goodbyes. I thought it wasn't going to be hard, but it was! We all hugged and shed some tears. I know that we will see them at Christmas, but it just won't be the same here without them. So, to Bryce, Leigh and Abigail...good luck! We are so proud of you and can't wait to hear how the move went.

3 comments:

Arlyn said...

We love Settlers, too. (We just got done playing a game.) Come on over some time and we'll play a few rounds! ;)

Leigh said...

You just made me cry all over again! We are in the hotel in Omaha. We'll talk soon. We love you

Kamy said...

Casey LOVES that movie too! I could do without it!