Monday, June 2, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Last Thursday, Dillon graduated from Preschool. This has been such a great year for him. We went from crying because he couldn't cut with scissors the first week of school to being able to read! His teacher, Ms. McIntyre is one of the most patient, kind, wonderful teachers I have ever met. He absolutely loved going to Preschool and I am sure that most of that was because of how special he was treated and how much fun learning was in her class. We are sad to see it end, but excited for Kindergarten.

They had a water party earlier in the day and ate pizza. We took our waterslide and set it up for the kids. They also had squirt guns, sponge water relay races and sprinklers on the trampoline! It was an exciting day.

Here are some highlights from their graduation ceremony. It was so cute.


The proud graduate! I couldn't help but think when I first saw him in his cap and gown that I would be sitting at his High School graduation before I knew it. It made my weepy to think about how fast these last 5 years have gone and how fast the next 13 are going to go!

Bright Beginnings Preschool Class of 2008!


She taught them so many cute songs. This was one of them.


(Dillon REALLY likes to do the ocean action!)

Ms. McIntyre and Dillon.

Congrats to all the 2008 graduates -Dillon (Preschool), my nephew Todd (High School), my niece Breckyn (High School), Brandon's brother Bryce (UNLV - headed to Dental school), David (ASU, married to my niece Malia - he is headed back to ASU for his masters and then to Law School) and everyone else. Great work!

13 comments:

Emily said...

Oh he is so adorable! They do grow up way too fast! I love the little caps and gowns.

Can you send me the details of Dillon's Star Wars birthday party? Austin turns 7 in a month, and I haven't done a "big" birthday party for years. I thought it would be fun to do "Star Wars."

Thanks! gremily2@aol.com

Emily said...

By the way...Thanks for your comment on my emotional breakdown post. I was so surprised that you get frustrated. It looks like you have so much fun with your kids and that you enjoy them so much. It makes me feel more "normal" to know so many fabulous mothers feel the way that I do. Thanks again!

Matt and Lisa said...

What a cute boy!!! I'm glad you have kids to make me feel old!!!Matt just sent me a picture of Molly (our dog) when she graduated from Doggy School. Time does go fast...

Matt and Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve, Misti, Madison, and Mason said...

i cant believe how big he is. i am so glad you found us. its one way to keep in touch. (sad i know, but good to see how you are)

Malia said...

He is so big! He is adorable.
I would have been crying my eyes out.

Nicole Cave said...

I love Lisa...Dallan had her for preschool...I can hardly wait until Chanel is in preschool so I can see her everyday again!

Summers Family said...

What a handsome little graduate! I am sure he is already on to bigger and better things like jedi training!!

Tonya said...

Look at that smile he has, so happy. I love watching my kids learn.

Elizabeth said...

Oh what a handsome little man!!! It's fun to think that Tyler and Dillon are only 2 months apart. We have to get them together!!! Love your music by the way.

Arlyn said...

MARY!! You didn't tell me that you had a blog! It's amazing that I even found it! I've now read the whole thing. So get to posting girl! I want to read more!

Lori said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog??!! I just discovered it today! I hope you don't mind if i go ahead and add you to our friends. Looks like Dillon's graduation went off without a hitch ... he looks good and educated now, ready for the Ivy Leagues! =) I love all of your pictures ... what an adorable blog!

Zoo Keeper said...

Hey Mary! What fun- we too had a preschool graduation this last month, it made me cry! My boys are getting big! I love that you and Molly are starting "PolkaDot Thoughts" cute!! That could be dangerous for me! I also had to comment on cute Dillon using the force! He is adorable! We need to have him over to play!