Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Look what Daniel can do!

Smiling....waiting for mom to leave the room!
Blankie out...check!

Caught in the act!

Well, last week Daniel started getting out of his crib! It has been a nightmare. He gets out about 20 times and we just keep putting him back in. He hasn't had a nap since last Friday and I am starting to get worried that he will stop taking one. I am thinking that tomorrow we will try the pack and play and see if he stays in that. Last night, it took us 1 and 1/2 hours to get him to go to sleep. He just gets out and wants to play. We tried taking away his blankie and all of his toys that he insists on sleeping with - he just doesn't care. So, if anyone has any advice, please let me know what has worked for you. I am thinking that maybe we will just put him in a big boy bed because then when I tell him to go back to bed, he will be able to get into it!

Update: I just went into the family room to find this:

I guess sleeping on the floor is better than being stuck in a crib! Big boy bed - here we come!

9 comments:

Leigh said...

Holy Cow! That's kind of scary....especially the part about no nap! Best of luck with the big boy bed. I've been dreading putting Abigail in a big girl bed...keep me posted.

La Ron said...

When Hayden started climbing out of his crib I put the rail down so he could get out without getting hurt. That didn't solve the no nap thing so I would lock him in his room. I know that sounds mean but atleast I knew where he was. I would go check on him after a little bit and sometimes he would be asleep on the floor but atleast he was asleep. He did not like to be locked in his room so it only took a few times before he decided to stay in his bed. Good luck!!!

Zoo Keeper said...

Oh NO!! This is just what Landen started doing when he was almost 2! Isn't it amazing how some will stay put, and others manage to grow up so quick! What a cutie asleep on the floor! LOVE IT!

Emily said...

That little stinker! Do you know that none of my children have done that (knock on wood). Both Austin and Macy were in the crib until well over 3 years old. I have absolutely NO IDEA how to get a baby to nap without the loving bars and gentle confinement of a crib. Good luck figuring it out!

Nicole Cave said...

Isn't it sad that the crib stage just isn't long enough!! He is halarious though!!
All I have to say about Brandon's baby picture is...I thought Ashton and I were both chubby as babies...I think he might have bigger cheeks than us!!:)

Mary said...

Thanks for all the help! We decided to turn the lock around and so far we have had naps and been sleeping again. Yah! Thanks LaRon! I still want to change him to a big boy bed, but Brandon is fighting me on that one. And Nicole - yes Brandon had very chubby cheeks. I love chubby babies.

Lori said...

Oh no Daniel!!! This is so cute, and yet so sad all at once. Of course I have no advice for you, sorry to say ... but i guess these things have a way of working themselves out, in the end. What a little cutie though. =)

Malia said...

how come I'm not one of the "lovely people" on your blogroll?

I'm vair offended. the end.

ps. danny is so cute :)he can come live with us.

Moore Family said...

I love that you got pictures of him trying to get out!!! Hopefully things will get better for all of you!! We ended up taking the knob off Noah's side of his door to at least keep him in his room.