Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

The night before Halloween, we had our ward Trunk or Treat. The kids got way too much candy. But, it was fun to see some of our friends and be able to talk to them and see their cute kids.

On Halloween, we always make Minestrone soup and have some friends over to share. This year, some of the Roundy family came and we had a great time having them here. Brandon also cooked a killer tri-tip in his new smoker. It was amazing. We also carved our pumpkins on Halloween this year. Dillon drew the face he wanted on a piece of paper and Brandon carved it for him. I decided to do a Mickey Mouse one for Daniel since he loves everything Mickey right now. Then I did BOO and Dillon decided he wanted a witches hat above it. It doesn't really look like a witches hat, but it was still cool.
Dillon decided he wanted to be Anakin Skywalker. Daniel got to be Darth Vader - or Darth Dan as we have been calling him. They were sure cute in their costumes.

We got to go Trick-or-Treating with them in our neighborhood. Here is a picture of Daniel waiting for everyone to finish so he can close the gate. He waited at every house to make sure that the gates were all closed. Silly kid!

Dillon and his friend Carter

Then we went to our friend's house, Amree and Richard. They are always so good to our family. We go there every Halloween so they can see the boys in their costume.

It was a great Halloween. I am so excited for Thanksgiving this year. We are going to spend it with my family and I am counting down the days!

3 comments:

Malia said...

they look so cute!

Lila said...

Can I just let you know that every time I see your boys it makes my heart smile because of your miracle surprise baby.
Thank you so much for inviting me to the boutique. I loved seeing you again. and I love that kind of stuff. talk to you soon.

mizkylie said...

Cute pics!! It was good to be able to hang out with you guys!! I hope I can someday be a good as you at guitar hero!! ;)